Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Tough Day

Today was a really tough day for Alex. He was so uncomfortable and in pain. His little ear has swollen to 3x as big as normal because of all the work they had to do. He can't take motrin to help with the swelling either due to the risk of blood clots. All day he wanted me close and cried if I left the room very long. It was a sad cry too because his mouth is so sore from his tonsils being removed.I felt so helpless to help him. The one postitive thing is that for the first time in a year he was cuddly again. Usually he doesn't like to hug but today he wanted me close. I was going to sneak away with some friends that I had made plans with for a little while but I felt too guilty to leave him. I was glad I didn't go because he needed me all night and what better way to spend a night than to cuddle with a child in need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment