Saturday, March 5, 2011
To The Mall Again
With a teenager and tween it seems like I am always either at the mall or driving them to the mall to meet friends. Yesterday I took the kids and Chance's friend to the mall again. Sierra came up to me in a store and said "Mom I want to know your opinion on some shorts.". So I went and looked at them with her and tried really hard to hide my surprise (I've learned freaking out is NEVER the way to reason with hormonal kids). So I was like "Um, I don't think your dad's going to like those shorts very much their kind of immodest." and she of coarse was like "Mom!". So I showed her another pair of shorts that were much longer and more appropriate. Then she looked at the price tag and said with her hand on her hip "I don't have enough money for these ones mom." Being the mom that I am I looked at her with my biggest smile and said "I will pay the difference of those shorts if you buy these ones." I figured I would be getting a lot of extra material between the two shorts for the little bit of money extra I would pay! Of coarse she looked at me with her hand on her hip again and said "Ahhh Mom!"........ Good thing one of my first two lessons as a parent of a teenager was you have to learn creative ways to say no to them and you can't take things personally.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment