It seems like every time I turn around Sierra is getting older and wiser. She is becoming such a wonderful young lady right before my eyes. I have to pause and remember her right now because if I don't I'll blink again and she will be in high school..... She is starting junior high next year and I find myself asking where all the time went. So I decided to blog a little about her so that I can remember this time in her life.
Sierra is a social butterfly. She is fun to be around and makes every gathering big or small worth being at. She loves peace and tries to make sure everyone is content and happy.
She is the BEST big sister in the world. In fact, I joked the other day how she is her younger siblings "other mother". She doesn't need to be told to help one of them she just does it. It's second nature to her to be caring and loving to them. I really don't know what I would do without her constant help.
Because of her caring ways she has started to catch the attention of other mothers and lately can be found spending her weekend nights at other people's houses babysitting. She is so cute and takes a fun bag with her every time she goes.
She loves children and wants to be a teacher or nurse someday. There's no doubt in my mind that she will be be one one day and she'll be great at it.
Sierra is not shy around her friends at all, however, at school she barely mutters a single word. She is a great student and more than one teacher has told me that she will strategically place Sierrra beside problem students in hopes that she will rub off.
Sierra loves to bake and can make the biggest mess in the kitchen that you have ever seen! When she gets her groove on she likes to bake anything that we have all the ingredients for. But it's so fun to watch her and nobody complains when they are the recipients of her "creations".
Sierra loves to read and can read a thick book in a single day early in the day (guess all those readathon parties during the summer when she was little paid off...).
Sierra has a way of being a calming influence in the middle of a tense moment. She can get people to listen to reason like nobody I have ever seen. She has the ability to see all sides of situations.
Sierra is loves to sing and dance and have fun. She is not afraid of her style or who she is. She will wear things she likes whether anyone else thinks it looks good or not. Her teacher has told her multiple times that she would love to go shopping with Sierra and loves her clothes. She has a sense of style that is all her own but definitely very cute. (She definitely didn't get it from me or her dad and everyone in our family asks her for fashion advice.)
Sierra is a wonderful friend and will give anyone the shirt off her back. She makes mistakes like the rest of use but she feels truly bad when it happens and would never purposely hurt anyone.
I am grateful to be her mom and everyday I am amazed that even with all my flaws as a mother that Heavenly Father has given me such a wonderful daughter.
.




No comments:
Post a Comment